COFFEE CREW OF A CUP OF COMMON WEALTH: JOSEPH RATHBONE WILL (PART 2 OF 2)
And so the journey with JoeBro continues. Below are the last few questions we asked Joe to help you all get to know him a bit better:
11) What advice would you give to your 50 year old self?
Live every day to the fullest; don’t have any regrets.
12) If you could hang out with anyone, real or fictional, past or present - who it would be?
Hunter S. Thompson and Anthony Bourdain
13) What are you reading right now or plan on reading next?
Everything But Espresso by Scott Rao
14) Where do you want to travel to next?
Would like to revisit Oregon.
15) Describe one of the items on your bucket list.
Travel to different parts of the world, backpacking across Thailand and looking for trouble.
16) What do you do outside of work?
Love catching a show at Al’s Bar, biking, and discovering new cities.
17) If you could be a Superhero what would your name be? Your Powers? Your Supervillain?
I would be Pyro Dude and be able to control & manipulate fire. My nemesis would be fire’s natural enemy, Water Bro.
18) Describe your perfect day.
A perfect day would be traveling to a new city and exploring the food, coffee, music and drink scenes with a friend who knows all the spots.
19) In a perfect world - what would you be doing, where would you be living, what would life be like?
In a perfect world, I would be living in a cool city, working with coffee, and life would be busy but exciting (looks like my world is already perfect)! :)
20) What makes you fun?
What makes me fun is that I’m always trying to find fun things to do. I love gathering or socializing with old and new friends. I’m always down for a good time.
21) If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Sushi from Sugano’s
22) How do you unwind from a stressful day?
Drinking beer with friends.
23) What's your philosophy on life?
My personal philosophy to life is always changing and growing with myself, but I would say “perception is reality,” holds a lot of meaning to me currently.
24) What makes you genuinely happy (when you can't help but smile at it)?
Seeing my friends or colleagues succeed or accomplish personal goals. Nothing makes me more happy.
25) What's your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment was finding out my passion for coffee and then working harder than I ever have in my life to shape and help the growth of the shop.
26) What is one of the most valuable lessons you have learned?
Hard work always pays off. Generosity always pays off.
27) What's your go-to entertainment right now?
Live shows, records, Netflix – sometimes.
28) Who are some of your mentors and why?
Salvador Sanchez is my biggest mentor in my life. I’m not just saying that because he’s my boss, but because I’ve never had anyone genuinely believe in me like he does. His support, life advice, and good humor has changed my outlook and direction in life.
29) How do you stay informed with everything that is going on in the coffee industry?
Sprudge, Daily Coffee News, Roast Magazine, different Roaster’s and Shop’s Instagram pages.